Golden West Swim Lessons has opened up the employment opportunities for the 2020 Summer.
All applicants will be required to attend a 5 day training session in early June, as well as, acquire all needed certifications. All details will be explained during the interview. On confirmation of your interview, we ask that you submit a single page resume.
Approx. 15-28 hours per week (summer season)
Under general supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor, Swim Instructor and Lifeguards will be responsible for the safety and rescue of patrons visiting the facility. Swim Instructor will organize, lead, and teach swim lessons for all age groups and ability levels. Swim Instructor and Lifeguards perform emergency care as necessary and respond to unsafe conditions or potential hazards. Swim Instructor observe swimmers, enforce regulations, and perform related work as required.
This position shall follow provided curriculum, coordination and instructional support of swim and water safety lessons; supervise the use of swimming pools and aquatics facilities; enforce rules of safety; and perform rescue of persons in distress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Convey and instruct the skills that are outlined in the aquatics swim lesson program; demonstrate essential swim strokes and communicate instruction to child and adult participants.
2. Provide safe and enjoyable program activities to participants; communicate progress and assessments to participants and/or parents.
3. Perform lifeguard duties, including patrolling and monitoring the aquatics facility, and watching for accidents and water hazards in the pool areas; enforce aquatics safety rules.
4. Assist with facility operations, special events, including set-up and clean-up.
5. Provide safe and enjoyable program activities to participants; communicate progress and assessments to participants and/or parents.
6. Provide customer service and general information to the public, in person and over the telephone.
7. Inspect facilities, grounds and equipment for safety. Assist in minor maintenance, as required.
8. Perform lifeguard duties, including patrolling and monitoring the aquatics facility, and watching for accidents and water hazards in the pool areas; enforce aquatics safety rules.
9. Perform rescues and administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), O2, and first aid, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be at least 16 years of age. A Work Permit will be required for current high school student
Requires current, valid certification in First Aid, CPR and Lifeguard Training, which must be
maintained throughout employment in order to remain in the position.
Some experience working with children or youth.